Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Quick Reminder

2 Corinthians 1:20:
   20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.


I read today that there are over 7,959 promises in the Bible made by God. I have no idea whether this number is accurate or not but I do know that when I get discouraged or disappointed I look to God and His promises and that gives me hope. It's a no brainer because I pray to God already knowing what the end result will be. I pray to God for provision already knowing that He will provide. I pray to God for forgiveness already knowing that He will forgive. I pray to God for guidance already knowing that He will guide me. He made all of these promises and He cannot lie, it's just up to us to believe.

When I think of promises in the natural, the first thing that comes to mind is a promise ring. When a man gives a woman a promise ring it usually means that he is committing himself to be with her only with the promise that someday he will marry her. When a woman receives that ring she might act like a little different than a woman who does not have "A Promise." A woman with a promise probably won't entertain other men who try to get her attention. A woman with a promise probably won't waste time trying to find a boyfriend or wondering who she will marry. All of the uncertainty of whom her mate will be is gone, all because he made her a promise. Now unfortunately, men and women break their promises to each other. However, there is a God who cannot lie who has made some promises to you. If a woman receives a promise of marriage and can be comforted by that how much more should we have peace knowing that we have a God who has promised us everything from salvation and protection to provision. We need to act like men and women who have not just "a promise" but "promises" because if we believe these promises are sure to come to pass. 


I just want to encourage you today and invite you to read and reflect on the promises of God. When you pray, remind God of what He said and stand on His Word knowing that He will do just what He said. God bless. =)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers